[darcs-users] Re: ann --xml only works with --summary (was: Re: darcs annotate and options)

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Apr 2 22:39:15 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 11:24:46PM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> when you type
> 	darcs annotate foo
> where foo is not an existing file, you get:
> darcs failed:  There is no file or directory named 'foo'
>
> and then you get a couple of screens of annotation output, which I can't
> really place..
>
> Should I create a bugreport on this, or am I still missing something in its
> usage?

It's a bug all right.  It is a debugging message that I added while I was
tracking down the bugs relating to renamed files.

I've got a patch on the way to darcs-unstable (after which it'll slowly
make its way into the stable repository) which fixes this.  So probably no
need to file a bug report... but definitely thanks for reporting it!

Incidentally, the annotation you couldn't place was the data structure
which stores the contents of the repository, along with the patches that
last modified each file and directory.
http://www.darcs.net