[darcs-users] Discrepancies in darcs changes --from-match='date ...'

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Apr 3 12:36:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 04:59:13PM -0800, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> I'm hitting some odd behaviors with "darcs changes --from-match" involving
> dates.  It seems to be missing patches.  For example...
[...]
> What's going on?  Is this a bug or just unexpected behavior?

It's expected behavior, but I suppose not very well documented behavior,
and perhaps not even well-designed behavior.  The confusion is coming from
the meaning of the "--from" part of --from-match, which means all patches
since (in *repository-order* sense, which is the order they patches are
displayed in changes) the most recent patch that matches the pattern
specified.  If you want to display all patches that match the pattern
specified, you can use --matches.  The following displays all patches whose
dates are in the last week:

darcs changes --matches='date "last week"'

I think the --from-match flag is less confusing when it's given something
other than a date.
http://www.darcs.net