[darcs-users] `darcs record` leaves emacs backup files in top directory

Albert Reiner areiner at tph.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 5 16:19:38 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have Emacs set as my editor.  Whenever I enter a long comment while
recording, a temporary file seems to be created in the top directory
of the tree, emacs called to edit that, and the temporary file deleted
after use.  The problem is, of course, that this leaves emacs backup
files with names like darcsIzlcRT~, darcsTWTLxO~, darcsxMOv3Y~ around.

I would have expected those files to go into DARCS_TMPDIR, or maybe
even into a temporary directory under _darcs that is deleted wholesale
afterwards (shouldn't darcs keep whatever it needs outside my working
tree anyway?).  Is there any setting that I am unaware of?

This is on

,----[ darcs --version ]
`----

,----[ darcs --exact-version ]
| darcs compiled on Mar  6 2005, at 16:26:11
| unknown
`----

BTW, in the case of Arch the same problem exists, but the
++log... files don't change names all the time and the backups
therefore don't accumulate.

Regards,

Albert.