[darcs-users] Re: Dueling ghc versions (a fix)

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Apr 7 01:22:41 UTC 2005

On 2005-04-07, Michael G Schwern <schwern at pobox.com> wrote:
> Pugs (prototype Perl 6 compiler written in Haskell) now requires GHC 6.4.
> So I upgraded ghc from 6.2 to 6.4.  darcs-unstable yelps.
>
> ghc -I/sw/include -cpp  -package parsec -package unix -O -funbox-strict-fields -I/sw/include -Wall -Werror -package util -I. -DHAVE_CURSES -DHAVE_CURL -c Lock.lhs
>
> Lock.lhs:54:0:
>     Failed to load interface for `AtExit':
>         Bad interface file: ./AtExit.hi
>             mismatched interface file versions: expected 6040, found 6020
> make: *** [Lock.o] Error 1
>
> Don't know if this is expected or if there's anything darcs can do about it
> but it sure makes life difficult to have to keep two versions of ghc around.

I don't know Haskell either, but the same thing happened to me, and this
worked:

 I deleted all  ".o" and ".hi" files from darcs and compiled again.

Actually, I just deleted the specific *.hi and *.o files it complained
about, but in retrospect it would have been faster to delete them all at
once.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/