[darcs-users] Fail: createDirectory: does not exist (No such file or directory)

Nimrod A. Abing nimrod.abing at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:02:21 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 7:33 AM, Micah Stetson <micah.stetson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the Debian package of Darcs 1.0.2 on Debian Sarge.  When
> pulling a rather simple patch, I get this message:
>
> Fail: createDirectory: does not exist (No such file or directory)

I am on Ubuntu 4.10  and I get this same message when I tried to pull
from the official darcs repository. I also got the same message while
trying to pull from a rather large repository located on the same
machine (FYI a copy of wine). I tried increasing the ulimit for open
files as directed on this page:

http://www.xenoclast.org/doc/benchmark/HTTP-benchmarking-HOWTO/node7.html

So that ulimit -aH gives me:

core file size        (blocks, -c) unlimited
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 24688
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) unlimited
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) unlimited
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

Note that open files is now 24688 which is equivalent to
/proc/sys/fs/file-max setting I have. Still I get the same error when
attempting to pull from the darcs repo. There are only 100 patches
that are needed to be pulled atm.

I am using darcs 1.0.2, built using ghc 6.2.1. The darcs version on
the Ubuntu pool is out of date so I roll my own debs.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's causing this?
--
_nimrod_a_abing_

v1sw5CPJYUhw5ln3pr8OUSck6ma8u7LBw3DWNTm5g/l7DaIs7Rr4e6t5Xb4Op1en3g5RZAHC