[darcs-users] Re: darcs.cgi is slow?

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sun Apr 10 01:38:43 UTC 2005

On 2005-04-05, VMiklos <mamajom at axelero.hu> wrote:
> hi
>
> http://abridgegame.org/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi/darcs/COPYING?c=annotate
>
> for example this gives me only a blank page
> and in general, darcs.cgi seems to be much slower, then viewcvs.cgi was,
> for example

I'm not sure how much sense it makes to compare 'darcs.cgi' to 'viewcvs.cgi'.
It makes it sound like if they were coded the same way, they might be
comparably fast.

darcs.cgi often depends on the performance of 'darcs'.

Is there a specific case where you have timed darcs.cgi and darcs and
found that the CGI interface was substantially slower than calling the
related calls directly to darcs?  Only then can we can confirm that it
is the CGI script and not darcs itself that is the source of slowness.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/