[darcs-users] Problem with Mac line breaks?

Shinan Kassam shinank at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 12:51:31 UTC 2005

Mac OSX 10.3.8
GHC 6.4 (compiled from darwinports)
Darcs 1.0.2 (compiled from official darcs repository 04-09-2005)

I think I found a problem with darcs. Can anyone confirm or refute? Also,
nothing similar is mentioned in bug tracking. Do I enter a new ticket or
send this to the developers list?

When using files with Mac line breaks, darcs seems unable to recognize the
seperate lines. So....when I change one line it thinks the contents of the
file are one line and records the entire file as changed. This kinda makes
the whole idea of patches useless. My workaround is to use Unix line breaks
(this is a time workaround for my purposes, just thought I'd get the issue
out there).

Thanks for everyone's suggestions on my last question. Right now im
testing/learning darcs on very unimportant things so loosing history on a
file is no big deal at this point. Darcs is very nice and I am commited to
it. Just want to learn its quirks.

TIA,

Shinan