[darcs-users] Darcs and XCode projects

Andreas Känner a.kaenner at meilenstein.de
Wed Apr 13 15:10:01 UTC 2005

Am Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:52:22 +0200 schrieb <zooko at zooko.com>:

>> > HACK yumyum:~/playground/shtoom$ cat dwsub/.binaries
>> > HACK yumyum:~/playground/shtoom$ cat dwsub/.boringfiles
>>
>> in my prefs folder is a file named boring and not boringfiles. Has the
>> name changed between versions of darcs?
>
> I created those files in the root dir of the repo, then did
>
> darcs add .binaries .boringfiles
> darcs setpref binariesfile .binaries
> darcs setpref boringfile .boringfiles
>
> (Hm.  Note that one name is plural and one singular.  Mistake?)
>
> I got this idea from the darcs manual.

thank you for the explanation. I have tried this, but it does not work.
I've copied boring to the root of my project:

$ darcs add boring
$ darcs setpref boringfile boring

I got this message: Changing value of boringfile from '' to 'boring'

If I type "darcs whatsnew -s" I get this:

M ./.DS_Store
M ./build/darcsTool.build/darcsTool.build/Objects-normal/ppc/main.ob
M ./build/darcsTool.build/darcsTool.pbxindex/pbxindex.header
M ./build/darcsTool.build/darcsTool.pbxindex/strings.pbxstrings/control
M ./build/darcsTool.build/darcsTool.pbxindex/symbols0.pbxsymbols
M ./darcsTool.xcode/andreas.mode1 -1 +1
M ./darcsTool.xcode/andreas.pbxuser -28 +6
M ./main.m +1

As you can see, there are several files listed which are in the build
directory.

Is it possible that the boring file must be ready before I write "darcs
add -r *" at the beginning?

This is my boring file:

# Boring file regexps:
(^|/)build($|/)