[darcs-users] Darcs and XCode projects

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Apr 13 16:07:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 05:10:01PM +0200, Andreas K?nner wrote:

> >>in my prefs folder is a file named boring and not boringfiles. Has the
> >>name changed between versions of darcs?
> >
> >I created those files in the root dir of the repo, then did
> >
> >darcs add .binaries .boringfiles
> >darcs setpref binariesfile .binaries
> >darcs setpref boringfile .boringfiles
> >
> >(Hm.  Note that one name is plural and one singular.  Mistake?)
> >
> >I got this idea from the darcs manual.
>
> thank you for the explanation. I have tried this, but it does not work.
> I've copied boring to the root of my project:
>
> $ darcs add boring
> $ darcs setpref boringfile boring
>
> I got this message: Changing value of boringfile from '' to 'boring'
>
> If I type "darcs whatsnew -s" I get this:
>
> M ./.DS_Store
> M ./build/darcsTool.build/darcsTool.build/Objects-normal/ppc/main.ob
> M ./build/darcsTool.build/darcsTool.pbxindex/pbxindex.header
> M ./build/darcsTool.build/darcsTool.pbxindex/strings.pbxstrings/control
> M ./build/darcsTool.build/darcsTool.pbxindex/symbols0.pbxsymbols
> M ./darcsTool.xcode/andreas.mode1 -1 +1
> M ./darcsTool.xcode/andreas.pbxuser -28 +6
> M ./main.m +1

> As you can see, there are several files listed which are in the build
> directory.

This indicates that you added and recorded and modified those files in the
build directory, it would be a bit unkind of darcs to suddenly start calling
them boring then.
You should do an rm-rf on your build dir and add the boring file plus
record those things.

Only on new adds will the boring file be used.

Isn't there a tutorial in the manual on this?

--
Thomas Zander