[darcs-users] survey of those suffering from "Fail: createDirectory: does not exist"

Jamie Webb j at jmawebb.cjb.net
Fri Apr 15 00:28:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 06:29:33PM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> 1. With what version(s) of darcs have you observed the bug?

Multiple, but none recent (1.0 and eariler I think). I haven't seen
this bug for a while.

> 2. What version of ghc did you use to compile darcs, or did you use a
>    prepackaged darcs?

Whatever came with Gentoo at the time.

> 3. What was the operating system?

Gentoo.

> 4. What is the type of your file system? Were you able to run on different
>    sorts of file systems, and if so, did you get different results?

ReiserFS.

> 5. What command did you use to trigger the bug (I'm curious if anything
>    other than pull triggers this.)

Push/pull.

> 6. What operations were involved in the patch that triggered this bug?

Create directory, IIRC.

> 7. Were there local (unrecorded) changes around at the time?

None, AFAICR.

> 8. Can you reproduce this bug? i.e. do you have a tarball and a sequence of
>    commands that can trigger the bug reliably on your system?

Not any more.

> 9. What was the phase of the moon at the time the bug occurred?

Full, of course.

> 10. What other question should I have asked?

Did you use the external-merge option?

Seems to be what triggered it for me, but as I say, I stopped using
that option a while ago and haven't seen this bug since, so I don't
know if this is the same one. See my mailings on this from about 6
months ago for specifics (sorry, I never did take the time to figure
out how to make the changes I said I would try).

-- Jamie Webb