[darcs-users] survey of those suffering from "Fail: createDirectory: does not exist"

Gour darcs_users at atmarama.org
Fri Apr 15 07:24:31 UTC 2005

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

> 1. With what version(s) of darcs have you observed the bug?

With several versions, 1.0.2 is the last one.

> 2. What version of ghc did you use to compile darcs, or did you use a
>    prepackaged darcs?

6.2.x & 6.4

> 3. What was the operating system?

Gentoo.

> 4. What is the type of your file system? Were you able to run on different
>    sorts of file systems, and if so, did you get different results?

ReiserFS 3.6.x

> 5. What command did you use to trigger the bug (I'm curious if anything
>    other than pull triggers this.)

With another repo I also noticed problem when I wanted to 'push'
patches, but with 'darcs' repo, solely using 'pull' triggers..

> 6. What operations were involved in the patch that triggered this bug?

In a minimal case, ie. when bug happens on 'darcs' repo itself, I don't
know 'cause I am just pulling from darcs repo.

> 7. Were there local (unrecorded) changes around at the time?

Does not apply in 'darcs' repo corruption case.

> 8. Can you reproduce this bug? i.e. do you have a tarball and a sequence of
>    commands that can trigger the bug reliably on your system?

I have 'darcs' repo (which I put online) where I can reproduce it.

> 9. What was the phase of the moon at the time the bug occurred?

Which one do you prefer? I can trigger it every day :-)

> 10. What other question should I have asked?

To come here in Zagreb and pull it for yourself :-)

Joke aside, maybe you can find some amd64 machine, install Gentoo and
then I can send you my ghc-6.4 tarball which triggers the bug on the
'darcs' repo.

Sincerely,
Gour

--