[darcs-users] survey of those suffering from "Fail: createDirectory: does not exist"

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sat Apr 16 10:20:35 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:26:34AM +0200, Gour wrote:
> Mariusz Gniazdowski (refuse at wp.pl) wrote:
> > Bingo! I have repo and bash script that triggers the bug. When i remove
> > this line from defaults:
> >
> > ALL external-merge kdiff3 --output %o %a %1 %2
> >
> > then there is no bug. When i put it back - bug is triggered.
>
> Hold on your happiness ;)
>
> I can reproduce bug on my 'darcs' (official) repo and it shows no
> 'external-merge' line in prefs.

Are you absolutely certain of this? (I'm hoping that perhaps you have an
external-merge line in perhaps ~/.darcs/defaults?) I've been able to
reproduce the bug with your darcs repository tarball, but only when I've
got an --external-merge line in my defaults... so if this is correct, then
there's something else needed to trigger the bug.

Perhaps you can send me your ~/.darcs/defaults, and I can try testing with
that?

Oh, and my statement that the bug was gone was somehow premature.  There's
a slightly different --external-merge-related bug in darcs-stable, which
triggers on the darcs repository, but not on Mariusz's small repository.
It's now been fixed in darcs-unstable, soon to be uploaded to
darcs-stable.
http://www.darcs.net