[darcs-users] Re: A mockup of an improved 'darcs -h'

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Mon Apr 25 21:15:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:39:32AM +0200, Peter Hercek wrote:
> Especially as a darcs beginner, I had problems to find out the command
>  to use at the first place. In that case I do appreciate a small
>  text indicating command goal. Later I mostly went to the detailed help
>  if needed.

"Me, too!"

A command listing with descriptions is more useful than just a list of
commands to at least point me at the right help document to read.  Most
are fairly obvious only if you're already familiar with version control
terminology.  Having to scroll up or use a pager is worth it.

Which brings us back to the pager issue. :)