[darcs-users] General questions.

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Wed Apr 27 16:55:48 UTC 2005

2005-04-27T16:46:26 Juliusz Chroboczek:
> Darcs scales horribly in the third direction; if you've got a single
> commit that touches more then a few dozen megabytes of data, Darcs
> will die.

Are you sure? I've not stressed it that way myself, but the
impression I've gotten is that the limit darcs hits that way isn't
fixed at some static value like "a few dozen megabytes", but is
better described as "some percent of physical memory", where "some"
is probably between 10 and 25, I'm really not clear on that.

But in some settings machines with 4-8GB physical ram are getting to
be the minimum purchasing even consider buying these days.

-Bennett