[darcs-users] distinguish uncolored escapes

Micah Stetson micah.stetson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:41:46 UTC 2005

> which makes non-colored escapes easier to distinguish.
>
> I want to ask what other darcs users think.  If someone have
> a better idea?

I typically run in a terminal without color (or cursor addressing, for
that matter).  The escapes have confused me a couple of times already.
 I think marking them inline would be OK, but I'd rather see a visual
flag at the beginning or end of a line that has escapes telling me
that it was escaped.  Perhaps someting like this:

hunk foo.txt 41
+   $ [!ESCAPED!]

or just

hunk foo.txt 40
+!   $

If not that, maybe just always using the escapes, whether or not
they're needed, then there wouldn't be any surprises.

Just my two cents,

Micah