[darcs-users] RE: [Haskell-cafe] fptools in darcs now available

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 28 09:01:05 UTC 2005

On 28 April 2005 04:52, John Goerzen wrote:

> I am pleased to announce that I have used tailor.py to successfully
> convert the entire history of fptools HEAD branch, dating back to
> 1996, from CVS to darcs.  For those of you that don't know, fptools
> represents the development area for the GHC Haskell compiler as well
> as many other related projects.  It contains 21,949 changesets.

Great news, thanks John.

Is it possible to set up a two-way synch so we can move over to darcs
gradually?  It's not really practical for us to move over in one go,
we've simply accumulated too many dependencies on CVS, and there are
lots of people using the repo with CVS.  If we had a two-way synch, we
can experiment with darcs non-destructively.

Off the top of my head, a few other things we need before we can even
think of switching over:

  - split up the full fptools repo into pieces (as we discussed on
    #haskell).

  - a web interface to the repo

  - commit mails to the cvs-<blah>@haskell.org lists

Cheers,