[darcs-users] Announcing darcs 1.0.3rc1

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 08:44:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 05:20:36PM +0200, Tommy Pettersson wrote:
> When I run the test suite with debian testing all tests
> succeeds.  But when I run the shell and perl tests under
> debian stable I get:
>
>   printer..................No root path(s) specified at /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/ExtUtils/Command.pm line 82
>   Unknown open() mode '>:encoding(iso-8859-1)' at printer.pl line 47.

I should have checked how old this feature is :-(

Anyone more experienced in Perl knows a way to prevent Perl from writing
files in utf8 that will work for older Perl versions?

But we probably don't have to support Perl versions older than 5.6. I
don't remember ever using an older version and I've used Perl 4 or 5
years ago. 5.6.1 seems to be from 2001.

Best regards
Tomasz