[darcs-users] Re: [darcs #473] "unpull": I do not think it means what you think it means

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Aug 1 02:15:00 UTC 2005

    Tommy> Last time, I remember, 'drop' was a winning new name for
    Tommy> 'unpull'.

Make that "drop-on-the-floor-so-the-dog-eats-it".

I'm in full agreement with David on any name that doesn't clearly
indicate that something destructive is being specified (unless, of
course, it isn't destructive, which more or less restricts you to
"unpull" :-).  Revision control systems are presumed to be
nondestructive, so I think it should be made really clear.