[darcs-users] Repository over ssh

Radosław Grzanka radoslawg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 18:47:32 UTC 2005

Hello,
  I have somewhat newbie question however I am using darcs for quite a time.
To this day I was using darcs locally or was pulling changes through
http and pushing other changes locally to the repo.
Today I wanted to setup ssh repository to be able to push and pull
changes from the remote repository and I encountered (probably trival)
problem. I have searched mail group and found one similar post but
without answer.
Oh, and I do not want passwordless ssh setup because one of my
computer is not secure enough (many people have access to it).

Anyway, here is my problem.
On remote repository I have set up repo:

$ mkdir repo
$ cd repo
$ darcs init

Now on my local linux box I do:

$ mkdir localrepo
$ darcs get user at 192.168.4.10:repo/

All I get is:

Password:
Password:
Invalid repository:  user at 192.168.4.10:repo/

darcs failed:  (scp) failed to fetch: user at 192.168.4.10:repo/_darcs/inventory

It doesn't metter wether I give full pathname to the command line the
message is still the same.
What puzzles me the most is that when I try to do it on my windows box
I am able to get repository alright, it fetches the patches and
applies it without a problem. But when I am trying to push something
here comes trouble:

>darcs push
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
darcs528b49               |          3 kB |   3.2 kB/s | ETA: 00:00:00 | 100%
Pushing to user at 192.168.4.10:repo...
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
darcsba2442               |          2 kB |   2.5 kB/s | ETA: 00:00:00 | 100%
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
darcs1cf2b0               |          0 kB |   0.2 kB/s | ETA: 00:00:00 | 100%

Mon Aug  1 13:45:41 îrodkowoeuropejski czas letni 2005  radoslawg at gmail.com
  * one change
Shall I push this patch? (1/2) [ynWvxqadjk], or ? for help:

Mon Aug  1 13:46:36 îrodkowoeuropejski czas letni 2005  radoslawg at gmail.com
  * other change
Shall I push this patch? (2/2) [ynWvxqadjk], or ? for help:
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Access denied
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Access denied
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Access denied
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Access denied
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Access denied
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Access denied
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
FATAL ERROR: Server sent disconnect message
type 2 (SSH_DISCONNECT_PROTOCOL_ERROR):
"Too many authentication failures for user"
Password:
Password:
Password:
Password:
Password:
Password:
Password:

Where you see "Access denied" system didn't asked me for password.
After it fatal failed it showed couple of "Password:" prompts but
waited for no input. I presume that If I had passwordless setup it
would succeed.

Any help would be appreciated and don't be so harsh for me if I
overlooked some information.

Thanks in advance,
  Radek.

--