[darcs-users] darcs under Windows 98

Diego Essaya dessaya at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:57:03 UTC 2005

I would like to use darcs for team development at work. The only
problem is that we use Windows 98 in all our PCs (not _my_ decision,
of course :P), and I need a method for exchanging patches with
teammates.

The trivial solution would be to use the SMB network directly, but I
couldn't get it to work. I submitted this as bug #399. In the last
prerelease, the error message has changed, but it still does not work:

-------------------------------
[ diego ][ ~ ] $ darcs get //javier_luiso/c/tmp2/test/
Copying patch 0 of 0... done!
Finished getting.
[ diego ][ ~ ] $ cd test/

... made some changes and recorded a patch ...

[ diego ][ ~/test ] $ darcs push
darcs.exe: Pushing to C URLs is not supported.
You may be able to hack this to work using DARCS_APPLY_C
[ diego ][ ~/test ] $ darcs push \\\\javier_luiso\\c\\tmp2\\test

Wed Aug  3 11:28:30 Hora estándar Sudamérica E. 2005  diego
  * Add new file
Shall I push this patch? (1/1) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y

darcs.exe: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CMD.EXE: runCommand: does not exist (No
such file or directory)

[ diego ][ ~/test ] $

Another solution would be to exchange patches via email, but our
sysadmins are not kind enough to provide a SMTP server (The mail
server is MS Exchange with no SMTP support).

Thus, using 'darcs send -o ...' is the only thing that works for now,
but I would like to use a more sophisticated method :P.

So, what are my options? Is there any chance for the SMB problem to be
fixed soon? Or am I doing something wrong?

I'm using darcs-2005.07.29-win32 under Windows 98 SE + Cygwin 1.5.18

Thanks in advance,

--
 e-mail:  dessaya at fi.uba.ar                                *