[darcs-users] Replace broken?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Aug 10 01:15:56 UTC 2005

    Thomas> I'd say there is a 3th problem.

    Thomas> 3) records a replace per file; even if the file does not
    Thomas> have the source pattern.  I expect the 'whatsnew' to not
    Thomas> show such items.

That's arguable.  If you apply a token replace to a file that doesn't
contain the replaced token, and later add that token to the file, you
cannot commute those patches.  The state of the file has changed, even
though the content has not.

    Thomas> And maybe even: 4) adding a file to the target list that
    Thomas> is not recorded should post a warning; not an error. (so
    Thomas> "darcs replace *" will work)

If the file isn't recorded, you're probably mixing changesets.  I want
to know about that; more, I want to be forced to think about it.