[darcs-users] set-scripts-executable

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Sat Aug 20 13:30:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-19-08 at 22:00 -0700, Frederik Eaton wrote:
> Putting the line
> get set-scripts-executable
> in _darcs/prefs/defaults in my repository doesn't seem to have the
> effect ...

Couple things:

a) `darcs --set-scripts-executable` is an option that must be supplied
to Darcs when you *do* a get.  You can cause this to be the default
behaviour of Darcs for you if you add

get     --set-scripts-executable

to ~/.darcs/defaults [why this isn't just the default behaviour of Darcs
is beyond me - setting something executable is a lot different than
*running* it, sigh]

b) There was a bug in darcs 1.0.2 regarding this: while this option
worked correctly for local gets, it didn't work when doing a remote get.
This appears to be fixed in 1.0.3

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Technology strategy, managing change, establishing procedures,
and executing successful upgrades to mission critical business
infrastructure.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London