[darcs-users] Renaming a patch

Jonathon Mah me at JonathonMah.com
Sun Aug 21 13:03:26 UTC 2005

On 2005-08-21, at 18:19, darcs at dinhmail.de wrote:

> I was looking for a way to rename a patch because I forgot to note
> one important change. Is there a way to this?

Someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to give you a better
answer, but from what I know:

No, you can't rename a patch. A patch's name is its ID, and you can't
change it.

You can, however, unrecord it and record it again under a different
name. This requires that it be the most recent thing you recorded, or
more specifically, that no patches dependent on it have been recorded
since. (If they have, you can go and unrecord them all, but it gets
messy. Especially if you've pushed those patches into other repos.)

Jonathon Mah
me at JonathonMah.com