[darcs-users] deleting a repository

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 13:02:29 UTC 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 14:49, Martin Ellis wrote:
> > If this is a straw man, where do I go wrong:
>
> Here, I think...
>
> > - When operating on the current repo, I can see two options:
> >
> >   - leave the user in a different directory; most likely, the one
> >     above the root of the repo;
>
> I don't think this is an option.

True.  There are ways to let the parent process change dirs, though. But
that would get ugly quite quickly.

But anyway;  this does not take away the argument that the deleting of the
current dir is ugly.  No matter what kind of feedback you give the user.

Note that deleting a dir that is still used by the parent process (as in
our example) makes it impossible to delete it on Windows. Only unix
allows this.

--
Thomas Zander