[darcs-users] Two-way syncing with tailor

Nathan Gray kolibrie at graystudios.org
Mon Aug 22 16:20:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 11:27:49AM +0200, Lele Gaifax wrote:
> .. _VersioneOne: http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor/VersionOne

I see that on the list of goals for VersionOne is:

  Make it easier to set up a double way bridge

I have a bridge between CVS and darcs that I use daily.  Difficulties
that I have are:

* New files pulled from CVS have their sticky tag set, so cannot be
  updated (workaround is to run `cvs -A update` manually on each affected
  subdirectory immediately after pulling from CVS)

* When multiple patches from darcs are committed to CVS, if any files
  are affected by more than one patch, darcs gets unnecessary (and
  incorrectly named) new patches when pulling back from CVS (workaround
  is to only record one patch at a time, and sync after each record)

It also appears that the config file changes in syntax.  Have you looked
at YAML (http://www.yaml.org/) as a possible syntax?  I just like YAML.

Anyway, thank you very much for a great tool.  I'm excited for all the
updates.

-kolibrie