[darcs-users] darcsweb - A gitweb-alike web interface for darcs

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Wed Aug 24 07:27:41 UTC 2005

Alberto Bertogli wrote:
> I implemented alternative diff views and currently support a "plain" in
> all the patch displays (commitdiff, filediff, headdiff and headfilediff),
> and a "raw" one for commitdiff.
 >
 > Support for a darcs-style html highlighted output is included but
 > commented out since I'm not familiar with the syntax enough to do it, but
 > I welcome ideas.

hmm, as you you want, but i would use plain and raw for htmlized and
copy&pastable modes. currently you can't copy&paste the unified diff to
a file to use it with 'patch'.

so imho the best would be to create a darcsdiff "patch display"
(currently only with "raw" mode) and the commitdiff "raw" mode could be
a downloadable version of the unified diff

>>1) the rss feed could contain a <creator> tag where the author of the
>>patch would be mentioned
>
> Done, it's actually a <author> tag according to the standard. Remko
> Troncon also sent a path to do this.

great, i'm told that it works fine

>>2) currently the record time displayed in the subject and the push time
>>used in the <pubdate> tag. i would move the first tag insite the
>><content:encoded> tag
>
> I've fixed this; it wasn't that I used two different times but that in the
> title I used "Hour:Seconds" instead of "Hour:Minutes", an unfortunate
> typo.

ok :)

> As you can see, several changes went in today, so it'd be great if
> everybody who reported and/or asked for stuff could take a look and let me
> know if things are ok (or not).

http://darcs.frugalware.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi

here you can test it on a repo with ~4000 patches

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--
Developer of Frugalware Linux, to make things frugal - http://frugalware.org