[darcs-users] darcsweb - A gitweb-alike web interface for darcs

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Aug 24 21:12:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 04:08:14PM -0300, Alberto Bertogli wrote:
> I have a question though: since it looks so simple, I'd like to extend
> this to the file-specific views, and I need to do some small parsing and
> leave only the hunks that affect a file. Do you have a list of the
> different types that can appear, and what's the line format?

If you're using darcs annotate to generate the patch contents, you can give
additional arguments to restrict the changes to specific files or
directories.  There is some trickiness involved, however, if the file has
been renamed, so you'd probably be better off using the file's "creation
name" and "creation patch hash".

Or you could parse yourself as you were considering.  (I'll let someone
else explain the patch format...)  Parsing yourself is definitely more
fragile, as we *do* plan to extend the patch format.