[darcs-users] darcsweb - A gitweb-alike web interface for darcs

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Aug 25 08:14:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:26:08 +0200, Alberto Bertogli
<albertogli at telpin.com.ar> wrote:
>> however, I would make some small requests:
>> + directories and files are not clearly identified as link on which we
>> can
>> click. They should be underlined (or something else) by default
>
> I disagree with you here. Yes, the first time you use darcsweb (or
> gitweb,
> for that matter) you don't notice inmediately that those are links (not
> only files and directories, but pretty much anything in the shortlog,
> summary and several places in the log, among others); however, once you
> know this the interface is quite clean and nice to look at.
>
> If every link were to be underlined or something like that, the page
> would
> be much harder to read without real reason, because 99.9% of the time
> (ie.
> always after the first 10 minutes you use it and realize the links) you
> already know those are links.

But there is lot of text on which you can't click. In summary for example,
time and authors are not links. Or perhap's they should be links... it
would be useful to see all changes done 1 month ago or all changes done by
an author
In a tree view, file (or directory) permissions are not links, but have
the same style than the name. Perhap's it should also be a link ?

>> + darcsweb should stop darcs when a request to a page is cancelled: a
>> darcs diff for example can take a lot of time and doesn't need to run if
>> the user cancel is request.
>
> I don't know how the CGI interface is supposed to let the application
> know
> about this... so I'm open to suggestions =)

I don't know how, but the jobs I launch in a cgi are killed if I cancel
the request before the end of the job. It was a problem for me, but in
that case, it would be useful :-)

--
Gaetan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>
Tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66