[darcs-users] Bash completion

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Thu Dec 1 14:47:29 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've downloaded the Bash completion script, but I can't get it to work.

http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs/darcs_completion

This is what happens:

$ bash darcs_completion
darcs_completion: line 6: have: command not found
$
$ head -n 6 darcs_completion | tail -n 1
have darcs &&

I don't know what that "have" does. If I remove it, I can do `bash
darcs_completion` but it doesn't seem to do anything.

$ darcs unreco<tab-key>
$ darcs unrecobash: completion: function `_darcs' not found

I can see that my ~/.bashrc file has the following:

if [ -f ~/.bash_completion ]; then
     . ~/.bash_completion
fi

So I move darcs_completion to ~/.bash_completion and restart bash.
Again, it complains about the 'have'. If I remove it, it does nothing.
That is, if I type 'darcs unrec' and press the Tab key I just hear a beep.

Does anyone know how to get bash completion to work? I'm on Ubuntu btw.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://oooauthors.org