[darcs-users] Keeping patches out of branches

Lst Recv listrecv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 07:06:18 UTC 2005

Is there anyway to tell darcs that a specific patch should not be
pushed to a specific branch, not now, and not ever?

(Also, if so, how can I change my mind and decide to push it?)

I know in Perforce, I can set up branchspecs, which say things like
"Branch A should take all patches from Branch B except those in the
/bonly/ dir".  Can I do the equivalent in darcs?

My use case is:  I have a local workstation and a server.  Files need
to be shared, except for a few config files.  I currently keep those
config files outside of darcs, as they differ from workstation and
server - but this means that I need to recopy them, everytime I make a
branch.

Also, how can I tell darcs that certain files for this project are
boring, and should be added to the boring files list whenever I do a
get/ new branch (again, currently I'm doing that manually).

Thanks!