[darcs-users] Problems with large repos

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Wed Dec 14 14:36:54 UTC 2005

I'm wondering if there's a work around for either of the following scenarios:

I'm using darcs to version some changes to SugarCRM, which is a pretty big
project in terms of files and data.  SugarCRM just released 4.0.0beta, and
I've been working on 3.5.1d.  What I wanted to do was this:

a) Start a new repository.
b) Pull these patches from my initial repo:
    b1) Initial import of 3.5.1 (large)
    b2) 3.5.1d update patch (medium-large)
c) unzip 4.0.0beta over top
d) record 4.0.0beta changes

... So far, so good ...

e) Pull my modifications from the initial tree

No matter what I do, I cannot get e) to complete.  I've tried pushing,
pulling, creating a tag.  The first patch that I want to pull from my
initial tree is very small, and I know it doesn't conflict with anything.

What I've proven that I _can_ do, although I don't want to, is do a
'darcs diff' on the initial repo, patch the new repo, and record with
the same name.

Is there something I can do to make this work?

Also, I've checked on the wiki, which mentions --enable-antimemoize,
but that seem to have disappeared from 1.0.5 without a trace.

(Let me say, though, that darcs rocks!  It might seem like a bunch of
complaining above, but I'm very grateful for this project, and would
enjoy contributing to its success.)

--
Jason M. Felice
Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com>