[darcs-users] darcs tells me its consistent but doesn't seem to be so

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Thu Dec 15 03:04:56 UTC 2005

Do you have any directory or filenames that are completely uppercase?
Are you working on a FAT/VFAT filesystem?

I had problems creating directories with completely uppercase letters.
Darcs would recreate the directory in a different case. This caused
conflicts and problems applying patches. Using darcs on projects with
things like 'WEB-INF' directories would not work as a result.

Googling for the problem turned out it was a FAT issue. (in this case
I was creating the darcs repository on a linux system, and pushing it
to a system with a FAT filesystem).

Could something like this be happening?

(This was darcs about version 1.01 so it may not happen in current versions).

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz