[darcs-users] darcs tells me its consistent but doesn't seem to be so

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Thu Dec 22 00:29:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 10:19:56PM -0500, Lst Recv wrote:
> Would add 'depot/config/./database.yml'
> Would add 'depot/log'
> Would add 'depot/log/./development.log'
> Would add 'depot/log/./test.log'
[...]
> > depot/./app/controllers/advertisers_controller.rb
> > depot/./app/controllers
> > depot/./app/apis
> > depot/./app
> > depot/./Rakefile
> > depot/./README_LOGIN
[...]
> > It seems somehow darcs has gotten confused, and is seeing depot/./app
> > and depot/app as two separate dirs!!!
> >
> > First Question: How do I fix this?  What do I do now?

It looks like a bug in darcs that need to be fixed, but maybe
we can find some workaround in the meantime.

Does the . depend on which current directory you issue the
command in, and in that case does it work if you run the
command from the repo root?

> > Also, it may be worthwhile adding a normalize path function to darcs.

Yes. There's also a related problem in issue48 where malicious
patches can modify files outside the repo with paths like
foo/../../../bar.