[darcs-users] conflict misery....

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 11:29:45 UTC 2005

Hello,

I don't have tricks for speedy and fast.  But maybe a slight
methodology tweak will be helpful.

On 31 déc. 05, at 06:40, Mark Lentczner wrote:

> This generally works just fine - even if I commit the sin of not
> recording some outstanding changes in working first.
>

> === Questions on the set up ===
>
> Does this seem rational?
> Are there some good tricks for making this speedy and fast?

Have you considered using tailor to help you manage this synching?  The
advantage is that once you set it up, you don't have to think (as much)
about what you're doing at every step.  Automation like this is useful
because it reduces the risk of doing something silly by error.

Take the case of not recording before pulling, now I know it works for
you, but maybe this is the kind of thing you might want enforced by a
script.

Question for darcs community: would it be useful for darcs to enforce
local records before pulling/applying? It'd be much like the way CVS
enforces updating before committing, only backwards.  Plus we could
have a --unrecorded-ok flag to bypass the safety.

> 	#manually compare diffs:
> 	darcs whatsnew
> 	opendiff _darcs/current .

Yay, opendiff!  Sorry... not being helpful... just such a nice tool.

Good luck,

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.