[darcs-users] darcs host binary (x86/Solaris)

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Feb 2 10:27:13 UTC 2005

> Shouldn't sftp basically work without needing a darcs binary on the
> server?

It's not supposed to work.  Darcs push basically does

  darcs send -o - | (cd target; darcs apply -)

and you cannot cd over sftp.

(I haven't tried it either, but if it does work, then something really
strange is going on.)

I agree that needs fixing, but it will require some fairly serious
surgery to Darcs.  And I'm not ready yet, both psychologically and
technically.

                                        Juliusz