[darcs-users] darcs host binary (x86/Solaris)

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Wed Feb 2 11:00:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 11:27:13 +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
rote in message <tpvf9b45q6.fsf at lanthane.pps.jussieu.fr>:
> > Shouldn't sftp basically work without needing a darcs binary on the
> > server?
>
> It's not supposed to work.  Darcs push basically does
>
>   darcs send -o - | (cd target; darcs apply -)
>
> and you cannot cd over sftp.

Args, right, you need to push, too :)  I've just tested it. Using an URL
like in "darcs get jbglaw at some.server.lan:/home/jbglaw/darcs-repos/project"
works for get, but you can't push to it. So yes, a darcs binary is
required on the server.

Maybe darcshive is a way out here? At least, it seems darcshive doesn't
call darcs directly...

> I agree that needs fixing, but it will require some fairly serious
> surgery to Darcs.  And I'm not ready yet, both psychologically and
> technically.

Maybe that can be worked out at some time. I don't fear taking a
chainsaw in general, but I'm not exactly "used" to Haskell, so I
couldn't patch it together again 8o)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O