[darcs-users] New --set-scripts-executable flag

Keith Browne tuxedo at funkrehab.com
Sat Feb 5 00:19:26 UTC 2005

Karel Gardas wrote:

> Could you be so kind and test that you always get the same "problematic"
> files non-executable? If that's possible, please send me such file(s)
> (just few).

Karel,

Yes, the same files are always getting the bits set (or not set).  I've
put a repository with empty Python scripts (just the #! line) at
http://www.funkrehab.com/~tuxedo/binscripts/ .

   darcs get --set-scripts-executable http://...

results in no execute bits being set, on either my OS X box or my Debian
box, both running darcs-1.0.2.  If I then change to another directory and

   darcs get --set-scripts-executable /local/path/to/previous/repository

to get the repository I just got, then all the files get their execute
bits set.

Similarly, when I use ssh instead of http for the transport, my test
repository never gets its execute bits set, but a second local 'darcs
get' of the repository sets the bits.

It's worth noting that in my original repository, with working Python
source files, I was getting some files' execute bits set and others not
set during each get operation.  This behaviour was consistent; if I got
the same repository several times, the same files had the bits set each
time.

Thank you for your help.

Keith Browne
tuxedo at funkrehab.com