[darcs-users] pure haskell darcs

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Feb 10 07:45:20 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 22:38, S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Andre Landwehr wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 10:12:53AM -0500, S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:
> >> I am not sure how much of libcurl's functionality
> >> darcs uses, but it seems like the basic job of
> >> being an HTTP client is handled by
> >> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/warrickg/haskell/http/
> >
> > curl does a lot more protocols than just http
>
> But does curl need to be compiled in?  Can't we do
>
>     $ curl URL | darcs -blah

A runtime dependency on something so crucial (and IIRC non-existant on
Windows) does not strike me as a really smart move.
For non-technical end users the http transfer will be used more then the ssh
transfer method.  Think users that want to fix my website and see that all
they have to do is download 1 exe and then get/alter/send...

--
Thomas Zander