[darcs-users] Segfaults on Solaris 8/SPARC darcs 1.0.2

Jason Dagit dagit at cs.orst.edu
Mon Feb 14 09:17:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

I managed to build darcs on solaris 8,  but
if I do the following I get a segfault:
mkdir test
cd test
darcs init
touch foo
darcs add foo   <-- This is the line that segfaults.

I think it's crashing in pthreads, but I don't really know how to be
sure of that.  I tried compiling with profiling enabled, but all that
changed was the way darcs crashes (no extra output or anything).  If
profiling is enabled I get Illegal Instruction instead of segfault.

The only thing I can find about using darcs in solaris/sparc is by
someone that said they needed to export LDFLAGS="-lposix4 -lpthreads"
before they run configure to prevent darcs from crashing in pthreads.
I tried this but it did not help in my case.  I also tried the binary
they had available but it was version 0.9.17 which makes it
incompatible with my existing repositories, and quite old.

Thanks,
Jason