[darcs-users] Re: [OT] Larry McVoy on the Bitkeeper licence

Aaron Denney wnoise at ofb.net
Tue Feb 15 15:08:26 UTC 2005

On 2005-02-15, Erik Bågfors <zindar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:31:27 -0500, David Roundy
><droundy at abridgegame.org> wrote:
>>
>> What I wonder about is whether submitting bug reports on darcs would count
>> as "working on another SCM"...
>
> I don't think so..  What he looks most affraid of is someone
> copying/reverse enginering BK.

That's what he says he's afraid of.  A bit of thought shows that can't
possibly be the case.  If he just wanted to forbid reverse-engineering,
that'd be simple, and he'd have the license say "no reverse engineering".
No license can forbid copying of features.  Larry McVoy is not an idiot
and realizes both of these points.  So he has some other reason.

--
Aaron Denney
-><-