[darcs-users] Re: Segfaults on Solaris 8/SPARC darcs 1.0.2

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Feb 15 19:31:35 UTC 2005

> I've included two files.  One with the export as you requested and the
> other without it.

Thanks for the traces.  Unfortunately, I couldn't work anything new out.

Darcs is definitely crashing for some reason after opening the pending
file for writing.  The behaviour is identical in both cases -- so it's
not some issue with careful_atomic_create (phew).

Darcs appears to be jumping to an unmapped area of code (0xFEFDFF20),
so it looks to me like either a corrupted dynamic library, or
generation of incorrect code.  I cannot tell more without playing with
a debugger.

                                        Juliusz