[darcs-users] [OT] Larry McVoy on the Bitkeeper licence

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Wed Feb 16 07:47:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Florian Weimer wrote:

> * Karel Gardas:
>
> > I don't know if I'm not completely wrong here, i.e. misunderstanding you,
> > but IIRC Larry always stressed the idea of rsyncing BK repository
>
> And this rsyncable repository copy is available where?

I've found reference on:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/

but unfortunatelly used:
rsync.kernel.org::pub/scm/linux/kernel/bkcvs/linux-2.[45]/

seems to be just kind of corrupted (i.e. w/o CVSROOT) CVS root directory.

Unfortunatelly Rik van Riel's rsycnable copy of his BK repo seems to not
be available any more. :-(

Well, this might not be the problem, since Larry asked on lkml if anybody
needs more infrastructure provided:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0502.1/1307.html
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0502.1/1262.html

Especially, the second with reference/url inside is interesting.

Although, Larry claims this is not the way to do BK->$SCM gateway...

Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com