[darcs-users] Re: darcs, lost in space

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Fri Feb 18 01:05:55 UTC 2005

On 2005-02-17, Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov at jolt.modeemi.cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> On 2005-02-16, Vigor van Ort <vigor.vanort at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Until today.  I just made another patch, and when I do 'darcs push',
>> it goes away and never comes back.  The darcs process has racked up 15
>> minutes of CPU time as of this writing on the remote server, and is
>> going strong.
>
> I've also recently noticed darcs occasionally seeming hung on rather
> small repositories. Currently I have 1.0.2, it might have been in
> 1.0.1 already, but I didn't notice anything of the kind before 1.0
> at least. Once it had already completed the push when I pressed ^C
> to stop the seemingly hung process.

I have used 1.0 and 1.0.1 daily without these kinds of problems.

If you started seeing more problems, it's probably because your work got
more complex, not because darcs had a new release. I'm managing a
project with over 40,000 lines of code and 4 developers, and we have
very problems...in fact we are noticeably happier than the days of CVS
that we still remember.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/