[darcs-users] Symbolic links

Sean Perry shaleh at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 18 09:51:25 UTC 2005

Sascha Ziemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a tool that can be used for versioning configuration
> data ("/etc").  I tried to import my etc into a darcs repository, but
> I get many errors about not existing files.  Most of them are symbolic
> links.  Isn't it possible to check in symbolic links?
>
> How about access rights and ownership?  Does Darcs store those
> directory information?

darcs knows about neither ACLs or symlinks. I have been getting around
this by checking in a filelist with name and acl pairs, then running a
script to recreate the directory based on the filelist. It is not
pretty, but it works for now. It would be nice if this was done by darcs
in a similar manner.