[darcs-users] Re: "push" to create a new repository?

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at jolt.modeemi.cs.tut.fi
Sat Feb 19 09:51:35 UTC 2005

On 2005-02-19, Patrick McFarland <pmcfarland at downeast.net> wrote:
>> I tried:
>>
>> $ darcs push login at myhost.com:myproj
>> darcs failed:  Invalid repository:  login at myhost.com:myproj
>>

> I think you want to pull instead

Rather get, as he doesn't yet have a repository. But, in the name of
symmetry, it might be good to have the 'put' counterpart of 'get'.
I often start working on a project in a directory where I have all my
"working copies" and then decide to put it my repository directory.
As of now I must first cd to that directory and then get the old one:

	~/work/project$ (cd /share/darcs && darcs get ~/work/project)

With put I could simply

	~/work/project$ darcs put /share/darcs/project

Of course it is not a necessary feature, and one could always just write
a darcsput script, but it would be very convenient.

--
Tuomo