[darcs-users] Re: "push" to create a new repository?

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at jolt.modeemi.cs.tut.fi
Sun Feb 20 07:39:37 UTC 2005

On 2005-02-20, Dave Roberts <ldave at droberts.com> wrote:
> Dupe sort of has a bad connotation. And copy is the standard file system
> command for this on various operating systems (whether it's spelled
> "cp," "copy," or whatnot).

Without reading the description of the command, I would first think
"copy" would copy files within a repository. That's what it does in
svn (where copy and not move is the basic file operation).

rep(licate)? dup(licate)? clone?

> (though there is a conversation to be had with whatsnew, changes, and diff,
> which are starting to sound alike and sometimes act alike).

'Whatsnew' and 'diff' could be the same (diff) command if you ask me.
And why's 'amend-record' not just an option to 'record'? 'Check' and
'repair' could also be options to a single 'consistency' command.

--
Tuomo