[darcs-users] Re: recap of put options

Peter Hercek peter at syncad.com
Sun Feb 20 20:41:55 UTC 2005

I like the new put more than clone instead of get. I do not really
  understand the rest of the issues.

I would still like to advocate for the help message modification which
  is printed when one executes darcs --help. I think the message should
  group the commands based on what scenario they are going to be used in.
  (Last time my mail client removed multiple spaces. Fot that I'm sorry.)
  I also tried to squeeze the descriptions into 80 columns limit.
I returned back all the other changes I proposed (like e.g. changing
  amend-record to amendrecord for the sake of consistency with
  whatsnew etc...).
Can somebody, please, tell me whether it is possible to apply a patch in
  the local repository to undo a consequence of darcs rollback? I'm looking
  for something like "rollforward".

Here is the command list help which is more clear I believe:

Changing and quering working copy:
   add           Add one or more new files or directories.
   remove        Remove one or more files or directories.
   mv            Move/rename a file or directory.
   replace       Replace a token with a new value for that token.
   revert        Revert to recorded version (safe the first time only).
   unrevert      Undo the last revert (may fail if changes after the revert).
   whatsnew      Display unrecorded changes in working directory.
Copying patches between working copy and local repository:
   record        Save working copy changes to repository as a patch.
   unrecord      Remove a recorded patch (without working copy change).
   amend-record  Replace a recorded patch with a better version.
   rollback      Apply an inverse patch in repository to local copy.
   resolve       Record the conflicting patch and its resolution.
Setting unversioned (but distributed) properties to local repository:
   tag           Tag the contents of a repository with a version name.
   setpref       Set the value for a preference (test, predist, ...).
Querying local repository:
   diff          Create a diff between two versions of the repository.
   changes       Gives a human-readable list of changes between versions.
   annotate      Display which patch last modified something.
   dist          Create a distribution tarball.
   trackdown     Locate the most recent version lacking an error.
Copying patches between repositories with working copy update:
   pull          Copy patches from remote to local repository.
   unpull        Opposite of pull; unsafe if the patch is not in remote repo.
   push          Copy patches from local to remote repository.
   send          Send by email a bundle of one or more patches.
   apply         Apply patches from the email bundle to a repository.
   get           Create new local repository with content of remote one.
   put           Create new remote repository with content of local one.
Administrating repositories:
   initialize    Initialize a new source tree as a darcs repository.
   optimize      Optimize your repository.
   check         Check the repository for consistency.
   repair        Repair a corrupted repository.