[darcs-users] cannot share patches: "Refusing to apply patches leading to conflicts."

Trent Larson trent at icentris.com
Thu Feb 24 14:11:32 UTC 2005

One of my repository files is a journal, where I append all my notes to the
end.  However, I've now run into the situation where my additions in one
repository conflict with another one, and I cann't seem to even force them
to merge.

 - When I 'darcs pull' (or even try to 'send' and then 'apply'), it
complains:
darcs failed:  Refusing to apply patches leading to conflicts.

 - I've tried to manually apply all my changes to the file in one repository,
but I still can't merge the two afterward.

If I could just get it to apply the patches so that I can manually merge the
conflicts, I would be happy.  Thanks for any help.

Trent