[darcs-users] Re: Benefits of a Real World Switch from CVS to darcs

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Jan 4 14:22:30 UTC 2005

On 2005-01-04, Alexander Staubo <alex at byzantine.no> wrote:
> Mark Stosberg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've written up some notes on the personal benefits of switching a
>> project from CVS to darcs:
>>
>> http://mark.stosberg.com/Tech/darcs/cvs_switch/
>>
>> I'm interested in feedback before I distribute this more widely.
>
> Nice, well-written write-up.
>
> My only complaint is that you have split such a small document into
> separate pages instead of keeping everything on a single page.

Thanks for the feedback Alexander.

The patch length has some psychology to it: If people see a very long
article, they won't start reading it.

But if they see a small page, it seems managable and they read to the
end and click "next page". Repeat. :) I think this is one reason why a
number of news sites split stories over several pages. Besides that they
want to show you more ads. :)

    Mark