[darcs-users] Benefits of a Real World Switch from CVS to darcs

Anders Höckersten chucky at dtek.chalmers.se
Tue Jan 4 12:34:17 UTC 2005

tis 2005-01-04 klockan 03:26 +0000 skrev Mark Stosberg:
> Hello,
>
> I've written up some notes on the personal benefits of switching a
> project from CVS to darcs:
>
> http://mark.stosberg.com/Tech/darcs/cvs_switch/
>
> I'm interested in feedback before I distribute this more widely.
>
>     Mark

Hi,

To start with, I have two very minor complaints:

The first sentence of "Better code review" reads:
"By default, works with changes ..."
I think it should read:
"By default, darcs works with changes ..."

Third paragraph under "When darcs performs worse and what I can do about
it":
"This more of annoyance than a real problem."
Should likely read:
"This is more of an annoyance ..."

I really enjoyed reading your article. It was structured well and easy
to read. However, you might consider making the "Final Words" section a
bit longer. Right now about half of it is spent on talking about what
darcs is bad at. Bringing up a few more of the good points from the
article couldn't hurt.

Anders